Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 50: Dinner With an Old Friend

So the other day I wrote about meeting my friend Anh on the bus, serendipitously. Well, today we went out to eat together. It was a great time.

Not that we went anywhere special, just the McGovern Commons, but nonetheless, it was fun. If I had a way of getting pictures off of my phone without paying T-mobile my first born child, I'd post a pic of us playing chess with a huge chessboard. It's outdoors, made of plastic, and each piece comes up to my knee. Very fun. She thoroughly beat me.

Then we went inside and got Chinese/Vietnamese from Kim Son. The lady serving was floored because I was speaking to Anh in Viet. Can't a white guy have a little fun? We can learn languages other than English. lol.

Lunch was talking about life and Vietnam, and food, and making plans to do this again. It was a great break from the stress that is medical school.

No comments: