Friday, October 06, 2006

Day 53: Friday and Ears

I am so glad its Friday. Now all i have is a weekend of more studying. At least tonight I'll break it up by doing what? Yep, you guessed it. Mattress shopping. Tonight's Dillards.

Today we had to disect the ear in Gross. We came at it two ways. Superiorly (from the top) and laterally (from the outside in). Out of the four of us, two did one and two did the other. I went laterally. It was tough. I think we called the professor over three times over the course of the three hours we were in there to make sure we were doing things right. The hard part are the structures of the inner ear. They are all so small. One small misstep and you're screwed.

That's what happened to our superior route. The two working on that side usually do a great job, but today, trying to follow vague directions while chiseling through thin bone, was just not our day. That side was totally demolished. But its ok, because have the lateral side.

And we weren't the only ones. Many people demolished part or all of their ears too. Beware the ear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have to remember that when I am doing gross next year!