Thursday, August 24, 2006

Day 11: I Missed the Bus

Yes, it's true. I missed the bus. This is a big deal. Currently, I live out at Hwy 6 and Interstate 290--about 45 minutes away NOT during rush hour--so I hop the bus at the local park & ride, make a change at the p&r at the I-10 and 610 intersection, and get to the medical center in about 45 minutes to an hour. That sure beats driving, which would cost me at least one and a half hours in rush hour. Plus, I get to read while riding the bus.

However, coming home is different. If I don't catch the last bus by 6:59pm, I have to take the MetroRAIL up to downtown, walk three blocks, and then catch the bus from there back to my original park & ride. Sounds complicated? Yep, it is. You see, sometimes I'm not even out of class/lab until 5:30pm, and I want to study on campus where everything is so close. There's no way I'll be done by 6:45pm so I can make the 7:00pm bus. However, if not, I'm stuck. metrorails come every 12 minutes or so, and then I gotta walk to the stop. And the bus? Yeah, it comes every hour. So, to make the 7:41pm bus, I have to leave by 7:00pm, because the rail could come anywhere between then and 7:12, it takes 18 minutes to get to downtown, making it possibly 7:30, and then it takes about 7-8minutes to get to the station, for a grand total of 7:38pm.

Yesterday I missed the bus by 4 minutes and had to wait downtown studying notecards at the busstop for an hour. This isn't the first time. Grrr...

1 comment:

Anh Le said...

Wow, same experiences... on the same routes, yet I always felt I was the only walking and waiting everyday back then. Nice blogging, like memories stored in clear containers.