Sunday, September 17, 2006

Day 34: Sunday School

I typically don't write on days that aren't involved with school, but since finals (I mean first round of exams) are tomorrow, today is applicable. Applicable because of what I couldn't do--study.

I am a church-going guy. My wife and I currently help out in the Vietnamese branch (congregation) downtown. We don't technically belong to that area, but we know most of the members, and we both speak Vietnamese, that we felt we could help out a small branch.

Anyway, I got asked two Sundays ago to teach Sunday School today and next Sunday. I said yes, not realizing what finals were going to be like. So, here I am, teaching about Paul's second missionary journey, preparing for it, going to church, home from church, etc...you get the picture. Study time on Sunday? All of about 4 hours--from 7pm to 11pm. By then I was shot, having spent my morning preparing my lesson and being in church from 2pm to 6:30pm (counting driving time). Two of those hours were histology and two were gross anatomy.

I'm scared.

No comments: