Monday, September 18, 2006

Day 35: First Block Exams

Today sucked. I've never felt so overwhelmed in my life. I now realize what I've been going through--finals. At BYU, I had to study. I was not the smartest kid, although if you ask my mom, there's nobody smarter. But that's a good mom talking. Especially my freshman and senior years. I took hard classes. I was a glutton for punishment because I wanted the good professors even if my grades were lower ... and they were. Plus, it was tough doing school while getting married. But that's no excuse.

I studied hard, but rarely did I feel overwhelmed, especially because BYU has a testing center. Example: a biochemistry test would be put in the testing center from monday through thursday. Then, based on how prepared I felt, and what was going on in my other classes, I could take the exam any day I wanted morning or night (well, until 10pm). Such flexibility was a blessing I do not have anymore.

Studying for these first tests has truly been like finals. Finals at BYU were not flexible, and with all my hard classes, made me miss a lot of sleep and subsist on caffeine. The pressure, hours, and material here in this first round of tests is equivalent to a finals week. That makes me fear what finals week here will be like.

*shudder*

it doesn't help the fact that I bombed my anatomy test. It was so tough. I knew the practical, knew it, but drew blanks. Ugh. Alright, just 18 hours until Histology...

No comments: