Friday, September 29, 2006

Day 46: Baby

The word of the day is BABY.

Today we had a good Devo lecture about the Branchial (Pharyngeal) apparatus. Our lecturer ended with some pictures of babies, and the rhetorical question, "isn't it all about babies?"

Then I met my friend Jamie and his coworker Will for lunch and I took the rail to get there. I sit down behind a young white man and his hispanic girlfriend, and nearly laugh while studying my Anatomy flash cards as I overhear his pleading.

"Baby, I just wanna make us like the way it was."

"..."

"Yes, I know, baby, but we can try to get as close to that as possible, baby."

"You know I love you, baby. Why don't we just **** this and go to Cancun, baby. We'll rob a bar and get naked on the beach. Come on, baby."


Then, as I'm leaving the rail, a tall black man gets off right in front of me, and stops at the door, turns to a white woman sitting by the door, and says,

"Baby, you got pretty eyes, baby."


Then he got off the rail, and I met my friends for lunch.

So, that's the word of the day: BABY

No comments: