Monday, September 25, 2006

Day 42: Back to the Grind

Today the joys of vacation ended and I hit the books again. Well, sorta. It sucked royally to get up today and know I had to go back to school. The weekend was basically spent veging. I watched lots of football, and slept, and generally basked in the glory that was no tests. It was great.

Most of my classmates went to The Lounge (a club) Friday night and got plastered. That's what most med students do--study and binge drink. Not healthy at all. You can translate it into hypertension and cirrhosis of the liver. And they're the one's that'll be telling you to get rid of some stress and stop downing the vodka...

Anyway, I don't drink, never have, and my wife isn't a big dancer, so my Friday was spent blissfully sleeping (in my bed this time, not the LRC). I hear the Lounge was fun, but I KNOW it was fun waking up after 20 hours of sleep. Great fun.

Today the Saints killed the Falcons 23-3 on Monday Night Football. It was the first homegame in the newly renovated Superdome. I watched the whole thing. I figured, what better reason to get behind immediately than to support the rebuilding of New Orleans...through football. People do need to get their acts together and finish it, because it's been a year and little's been accomplished. Someone would be fired if it wasn't the government.

No comments: